Translate

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Well, I Need to Begin Somewhere

"You need a blog"...that's what everyone says these days. Okay, I'll give it a try, but I've never liked that word - blog. I don't know why. I just don't. So how can I get excited about something that I don't like?! Enter my 17-year-old son. Allan can fix most problems and he didn't let me down this time. So now I would like to say...

Welcome to my blargh.

I have a few passions in my life and I hope to share them here as we continue down this road. Expect to see posts about photography, cameras, my excursions and wanderings, nature, architecture, hiking...

Smugmug has been my online presence for a while now and will continue as such, but I have recently joined the ranks of online artists at Etsy and Zibbet. What an amazing and talented group of people! I would like to share some of my favorite artists from those venues with you in upcoming posts.

That should get this blargh started, so I'll end it here for now. I look forward to talking with you again soon.

10 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world. Personally....I love it and if I had any more hours in the day, I'd blog. Not so much writing for my own blog, which I do like, but I love connecting with people all over the world on a personal level. I starte to draw interest to my etsy shop, but that is now on the bottom of the list for reasons to blog. I wish I had more time to visit the wonderful blogs I find every day.

    Hope you enjoy your adventure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start on the blog, can't wait to read more!! And I love that photo....very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, my blog is starting out slow too. But it's kinda like riding a bike. Good luck and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start. You followed me today, so you know mine's new too. But so far it's fun. I don't know what good it does, but hey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful photo! Yes, a blog can be a great thing. It's another way to communicate and connect with like-minded people. You might also make some sales from it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for following our blog! I love the photo on your header. We've only been up and going on etsy and the blog world for about a week. I feel like I've moved into a big city and don't know anyone there! I'm excited to get acquainted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photo is absolutely beautiful... sersiously, I love the angle it's at, that you can't really see anything but the clouds above the fence. Great work!

    Welcome to blogging... you'll find things to write about, then you'll check yourself, and say "who wants to read about that?" Well, put that little voice to rest, and post anyway. People ARE reading, and we want to know what you have to say! :)

    http://www.aloquin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also new to blogging and I am enjoying ot a lot. I hope you'll have fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your new journey! Blogging is new to me too. thank you for finding my blog and now i have found you. I enjoy reading your post! Keep up the good work and nice photo! See you in the blog/blargh!

    ReplyDelete